The Soapbox Papers

The Soapbox Papers is my two-cents worth.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Beloit, Wisconsin, United States

I am a cross between Tinkerbell and Calamity Jane.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Tuesday


Dawn broke even,
six clouds across a watercolor sky,
shades of morning easing out the night.
The last star flickers like hope,
absorbed without a sound into morning.

I drink coffee, remember
something you said, realize
the fact of the matter:
you are Monday morning,
all business, catching up, no time
for leisure dreams, your heart
stashed away in some vault,
waiting for a better time

while I take time before the day
to contemplate things beautiful:
new sky beginnings, the drift
of accidental cloud formations,
your smile, remembered --
my open heart
on Tuesday morning.

-- from The Soapbox Papers, copyright (c) Smokey Combs 1996 all rights reserved











|

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<< Home