The Soapbox Papers

The Soapbox Papers is my two-cents worth.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Beloit, Wisconsin, United States

I am a cross between Tinkerbell and Calamity Jane.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Poem Updated

I managed to find the elusive book of poems by Sir Richard Harris mentioned here earlier this week. I knew when I read the copy I'd found on the Net that parts of the poem I posted were not exactly right. I have updated that entry entirely, keeping true to the form and features of the poem as written in the book, I, In the Membership of My Days by Sir Richard Harris.

It's a powerful piece, written in "God's voice." Hearing Sir Richard Harris recite it (as one can on certain albums - I, In the Membership of My Days (duh!) for one. It may also be on another album, the title of which escapes me at the moment.) is incredible. The work bellows, it sobs -- and it seems entirely appropriate for this time we are living in.

If you didn't 'get it' the first time around, give it a shot in its proper format.

|

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<< Home