The Soapbox Papers

The Soapbox Papers is my two-cents worth.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Beloit, Wisconsin, United States

I am a cross between Tinkerbell and Calamity Jane.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Becoming Modern

When Techie kid was younger, he would hail each of my accomplishments on modern equipment as my coming to be a "Modern Mom." I'm not sure how surprised he was that I could manage to comprehend each new-fangled thing that came along, but he always was pleased that I had mastered something new. Techie Kid is knee deep in his Medical and Health Information Network project, so I am not sure he even noticed that I have mastered something new. Or maybe he just isn't surprised anymore.

I finally figured out how to get the pictures out of my camera and onto my computer. Not only that, I have figured out how to get them out to other people. I can actually take pictures and share them! I can crop them, resize them, color them, delete them -- and get the camera ready to take more. And it was easy.

I feel really foolish -- I have had the camera 18 months or so, and hardly used it. When I did use it, I was at events I wanted to save, but could't figure out how to get the pictures out. So it surprised some family members when I was able to share with them photos from a dinner when my brother (BBB - left) visited . I learned where to put the memory card from the camera and was able to get these memorable pics.


Then I found out that the internal memory of the camera could be transferred to the memory card and I could access them just as easily -- so the pictures of my granddaughter Jaime's wedding were accessible! And the pictures of my mother, too!

And, of course, the inevitable picture of Liberty the Cat can now be shared:

So now I have a new toy and will probably go overboard for the first few days -- but I think in the end, I will have an improved blog. I have discovered how easy it can be to illustrate just about anything I can write about, and that can't be all bad. It may even shorten my entries -- after all, they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

So now I am what Techie Kid used to call a "Modern Mom." Stick around -- it could be a fun ride!

|

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<< Home