The Soapbox Papers

The Soapbox Papers is my two-cents worth.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Beloit, Wisconsin, United States

I am a cross between Tinkerbell and Calamity Jane.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Whew!

Well, that was sure a lot to overcome! I haven't been well, folks, and I have had a lot of trouble with my home computer, so I haven't said a word here in over a month. But I am back now, ready to soapbox opinions, tell stories, and even print a poem or two.

Partially in explanation, let me just say that when part of your computer runs with one OS and part of it defaults to another, settings reconstruct themselves, and I am proud to say that, piece by piece, I have managed to find the right settings for my own computer, though I had to sacrifice a program or two to do it. I don't care how modern I am if the blessed computer doesn't work for me. I still have to reset my printer and camera dock (Techie Kid asked me what I needed a printer for -- I should have known right then and there he has no idea what I do as a wordsmith, how, when you compose a business letter for a client or a newsletter master, one has to be able to print it out from one's own computer, because to send it to another place to print (how stupid when you have your own printer!) could cause misalignment due to other versions of the program needed to compose the thing in the first place!) and get all the old files where I can access them more easily. I can comfortably say that I am back now, and buckle up, folks -- I have a lot to say bottled under the skin of these fingers...

|

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<< Home